Friday, January 25, 2008

Hats Hats Hats!

Well yesterday turned into the day from you know where! I ended up not being home at all, so my mom couldn't come over and help me! So me being the impatient person that I am, I decided to try to relearn the whole crocheting thing on my own! I'm pretty sure I have invented a new stitch! ha ha I got some yarn and a hook while I was in town yesterday and whipped it out this morning hoping that it would be like riding a bike, get them in my hands and cruise right along! It didn't quite work that way, but after a few experiments (several hats that would have fit my sisters' barbie dolls) I managed to make a couple of hats that would actually fit a humans head! My stitches still leave a lot to be desired, I need to work on my consistency, but I figure my little sisters will wear them without any clue that something may not be quite right! I used Gage as my mannequin to try to get the right head size and then attempted to use him as a model....this is what happened!


















Obviously dad wasn't home or this would have never happened! My poor boy, this is why I need a little girl too!


So after the struggle to keep the hat on, I decided to lean more towards an immobile model....Mr. Duck!




I think that all the other stuffed animals are pretty jealous of his new career!



After all that I decided to add some green ribbon to this one, you can't really see it but it's got polka dots and it's so cute!
So now my goal is to actually learn how to read a pattern and make lots and lots of hats! ha ha And maybe one day I will branch out to more advanced things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ASHLEY!! I LOVE THOSE.. IVE BEEN WANTING TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE THOSE, OR AT LEAST BUY SOME FOR MY GIRLS AND ONE FOR ME TO MATCH.. SO WE CAN DO CUTE PICTURES!! SO SHARE THE WEALTH GIRL!!! DO YOU USE ON OF THOSE LOOM THINGYS? WELL LET ME KNOW.. CUZ I'D EVEN FEEL BETTER ABOUT IT IF I MADE IT MYSELF!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey i want one! i want to know how to make a crocheted flower!!!?? any clue!??? well good luck and very cute! :D you could make lots and try to sell them on this webe site called etsy.com. i LOVE that place. currantly working on my own shop to set up soon!:D

Anonymous said...

They totally turned out good. I remember your mom teaching me how to crochet a baby blanket. It turned out well-not as cute as your hats.:) Your mom is totally a crochet genius. I still have my temple bag that she crocheted for me. I think of her everytime I am there!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable hats! But I have to go with the cheesy little hat model!!! Can he be any cuter!? What a man! Grandma's favorite Boy!