Wednesday, September 17, 2008

{NOTHING BUT TIME}

Time Time Time! I'm not the most patient of people. Time is usually my friend when it passes quickly. I am trying to befriend time right now. It will take TIME for Callie to wake up and TIME for her to heal. A huge part of me would like for her to open her eyes right now and to shake her comatose state right off! But as my parents kindly remind me she needs this TIME to heal. Okay. I know they are right but could the TIME pass a little quicker?

She had her MRI yesterday evening. I haven't heard the results of that. It will take TIME for the Neurosurgeon to thoroughly review it. I am very anxious to hear what he sees!

I'm thinking I should really work on the patience thing. Yeah that would be good. What do you do to pass TIME? Got any tricks?

{Just a note...this clock face belongs to the latest edition of our family. A Grandfather Clock. And not just any Grandfather Clock, THE Grandfather Clock! Matt's Great Grandpa Marshall built this clock years ago. Matt is so happy to have inherited it! He passed before I even met Matt but now I get a little piece of his history to display. I don't know, I think it's pretty special!}

2 comments:

{Bryanna} said...

I have a hard time giving time.. time. you know? But I pray for Patience everyday before I get out of bed. And not just because I'm the mother of two crazy and wild boys :) because I have a hard time waiting for anything to take place. This quote is good..

Love vanquishes time. To lovers, a moment can be eternity, eternity can be the tick of a clock.-Mary Parrish:

And this is what I read when I need a reminder to keep my patience.

"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best--better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His' (Neal A. Maxwell "Patience," Ensign, Oct. 1980, 28).

"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable."(Robert C. Oaks, "The Power of Patience," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 16-17)

I hope that helps as much as it helps me. But, in your case you are waiting for Calli to get better and I can only imagine that each moment can seem like an eternity. To help I would JUST do things that you LOVE to do. Everything else could probably wait.

:) Bryanna

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Wow, I love the clock. Very beautiful lucky lady:)! Patience is a virtue, and I don't have it either. It is hard to wait especially when it comes to a loved ones well being. Everything is in the Lord's time though....that's what I am always reminded of(even though it is hard to remember). You are all SO strong, though!