Thursday, March 20, 2008

Prego with the flu...Never again please!

So this past week I have been able to experience the misery of the flu and pregnancy combined! It has been awful! I think single handedly I have gone through nearly 7 boxes of tissues, one half bottle (BIG bottle) of Robitussin (doc approved) and at least half the water supply for the town of Overgaard! ha ha What I really have wanted to do is get my big prego self in a jacuzzi and just melt there....but alas that is a big no no for us pregnant mommies! So instead I took an abundance of warm showers with the aromatherapy salt you would usually put in the bath, sprinkled all over the bottom of my shower! Desperate times, desperate measures! The good news...I'm finally on the up of it all and my voice is returning to normal. If you were to have talked to me earlier this week, I may have easily been mistaken for a 70 year old male chain smoker! Very attractive! I sure am glad to be past that! I must say though that I am quite grateful that even though Matt had the flu the prior week and I carried it on through this week, our sweet little man has not been effected! He got a runny nose which really worried me, but it has not gone any further than that! What a blessing! So hopefully I can shoo this little sickness out our door and banish it from returning! Wouldn't that be great!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for the camera advise. hopefully i can find a good one! and i check out your blog all the time too... we actually did meet a long time ago in high school when i went to Show Lows homecoming dance. i think you talked to me about Megan & Matt since they had just broke up & u started dating him... i dont know if you even remember that but i remember it because u were the only girl that talked to me that night & i thought you were sooo nice!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than being pregnant and sick together! I am glad you are feeling better for sure!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. That's aweful to be sick and pregnant. Congrats on another boy! That's so exciting. I can't wait to find out what we are having. I will know in a week and a half. Take care! (I'll try to be better at updating my blog, you put me to shame with yours, haha).

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! It's rotten to be preggo and sick!!!! I like the way you think lady, give me a call!!!! I can't wait!! Love you guys!