By the way, this was a YELLOW cake mix...not chocolate! ha ha
Friday, April 18, 2008
A Culinary Masterpiece! Ha!
Here's a look at one of my more retarded moments! This morning I decided to start the cake for the baby shower so I whipped up a bunch of cake mix to fill my 12" round cake pan and ended up having a few cups of batter left over. So I thought I will just make a little cake, Gage will love that! So I get a little pan out, pour the batter in and set it aside as the other cake baked. Well by the time the first cake was done and I'd plopped in my "baby cake" it was time for Gage's bath. I heard the timer go off so I just went into the kitchen and turned off the oven, leaving the little cake in the oven. I got Gage out of the bath, lathered him up with lotion, dressed him, and at this point Matt had come home to give me his guy's hours so I could write checks. He also asked me to make him a cheese crisp....and here is where it gets embarassing! I completely forgot about the cake that was still sitting in the cold oven....I go over and turn the broiler on HIGH! I'm standing at the counter grating cheese (I'm not one to buy pre-shredded cheese...weird huh!) and I smell something that kind of reminded me of a burnt marshmallow....I think to myself That is weird, maybe some batter from the cake dripped in the oven. Are you kidding me?! I still didn't remember about the darn cake! So I finish putting the cheese on the tortilla, grab the baking sheet, open the oven and am BLASTED with smoke! My eyes were tearing up so bad I could barely see! I run and open the doors and have Matt turn on the fans, pull the cake out of the oven and run outside like a crazy woman! The little 8x8 pan was BILLOWING smoke! (My apologies to the neighbors!) Our house was completely full of smoke and to this moment I reik of "burnt marshmallow"! I could not believe I did that! That poor cake was toast! Literally! So anyways....there's my short story made long! Cake anyone?
Chirped by ashley b @ 2:19 PM