Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Graduate

My "little" sister (who is actually much taller than me and often mistaken for my older sister) graduated this last week! I am way behind but just wanted to post a little about her! She is 5 years younger than me and it's mind blowing to me that she is 18 years old, graduated, and moving on with her life like an adult! It's just too much for me! She is such a sweet girl...FULL of love! When she was little I think she was a little TOO much for some people because she just wanted to hug on you and play with you ALL THE TIME! She does so much to help me out when I'm in town...or even if I need something brought all the way out to Overgaard! And she never ever complains about helping me out! When I was in high school I remember getting ready for a dance or something with my friend Ann-Marie over and she made a comment about how lucky I was to have such a nice little sister. I think she may have even used the word "slave". I had never really paid attention to how much Amber did for me until then and I actually felt bad. I would be in the bathroom fixing my hair, making orders to Amber... "get my shoes please", "iron my skirt please", "can you find me more bobby pins please", "remember those green earrings...find them please"....on and on and on and I never even noticed how annoying I must have been because she never said a word...she just went and did it happily for me! I joke with her now that she can just come live with us for the rest of her life and be our nanny! She is a great sister and a great aunt...Gage just loves her! When he was younger there were times that he would only go to her if he was upset...I think because she reminded him of me. I love that girl so much and can't wait to see what she does with her life! So Amber if you happen to see this, thank you SO MUCH for everything and congratulations on growing up...even if I think it was entirely too soon!

No comments: