Sunday, January 25, 2009

{a boy's shadow}


Last week Bossy Pants and I had some fun tracing his whole little self onto some craft paper. He is a huge fan of tracing his hands so I thought this would be the PERFECT activity for him.

I was right.

He got up and saw the outline of his body and he just glowed.

"ME!"

I cut it out and we taped him up to our glass door so he could color away on it.

He is still taped up there.

It has kind of freaked me out a few times.
Last night I was walking through the barely lit kitchen and saw the outline through the slits in the blinds.

Nothing too bad, my heart just decided to momentarily relocate itself in my throat. I recovered quickly.

So I'm thinking it is time for his shadow to find a home. Perhaps neatly tucked away in a drawer.

5 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

That's funny!! (side note: Kambria is terrified of having her hand traced. No clue why. We have to use Jaci for any craft project we do with a hand or foot tracing.)

LORI said...

DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT! THAT'S A VERY CUTE IDEA. NOW READ HIM "FLAT STANLEY", AND TAKE HIM ON ADVENTURES WITH SHADOW MAN...

Ashley said...

Haha! How cute!
In a few months you should trace him agian and compare it to this one...to show him how much he has grown!!

Jessica said...

That is a creative project!

My kids love art projects!

The Blonde Duck said...

Watch out! If it's anything like Peter Pan's shadow, it'll be frolicking through your house!