Tuesday, March 10, 2009

{little girl dreaming}



I was six years old.
Beauty and the Beast had just been released.
I adored it.
I must have watched it a thousand times.

I went to bed many nights singing ..."I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned..."
All the while imagining running through lush green fields.
I belted it out.

At the time I must have thought my walls were soundproof.

Now it makes me laugh to picture my parents standing in the hall chuckling to eachother over their little opera girl. And of course my brothers, burrowing with their heads under their pillows, trying to sleep.

What really captivated me the most about my newly cherished movie, was the beautiful library in the castle of the Beast. Oh how I longed to run my fingers across the thousands of aged book spines.
I imagined how wonderful all the books must be.
Full of adventure and love stories.
I have grown up since then.
I still sing in my bed when I think no one can hear me.
I still sound like I'm six years old.
And I still long for my own beautiful library.
Perhaps one day. But as for now this girl just keeps dreaming.


2 comments:

Mary said...

We readers do tend to be the dreamers, don't we? As for me, I like to escape to the forest with my beautiful Elf Legolas, and I don't care who knows it!

{nicole coombs} said...

That is AWESOME! You and me have so much in common its funny really. I LOVE that movie and I a have ALWAYS wanted a library just like it with books from wall to ceiling someday I am going to have that library you just watch!