Friday, November 13, 2009

real

we have been dealing a lot with life around here.
it's been hard and frustrating at times. and then there are good days and even better days.
i have kept away from blogging for fear that i might spew emotions and wish i hadn't.
but this is real life.

i'm all about real.

life is challenging. it is so easy to feel defeated.
you just have to remind yourself constantly of the things that matter.
the things that are worth fighting for.
and most importantly remember you are never alone.
this scripture makes my heart pound. it rejuvenates me thoroughly.

oh how i love my Savior.
i am grateful for His love and comfort and watchful eye.
i am overwhelmed with gratitude for His sacrifice.
for His endless grace and mercy on my behalf.
i am nothing without Him.
i could not in my lifetime say or do enough to express my love and gratitude to Him.
not in the eternities.
truly He lives.
and without the faintest breath of doubt, i know He loves me.
i know He loves my family.
what peace that brings to my soul.

in the end, the hard times will be so momentary.
simply stepping stones to the beginning.
though they can engulf and consume at times, the eternal perspective is filled with such bright, bright hope.

i am forever thankful for that.

image from hereford & worcester

4 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Oh dearest Ashley, you are one WISE lady and SO much more disciplined than I! Life can be difficult sometimes and sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We know it's there though and I pray that you will soon find peace for whatever is troubling you! You are one amazing lady!:D *BIG HUGS* to you!

Jonathan & Amber Burke said...

Ashley you are so beautiful and talented!I love reading your blog and seeing your boys they are so cute.Our baby was born Oct 28.You can see pictures on our blog it is jonathanandamberplus.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Ashley, your faith is inspiring. You know we're here for you if you ever need us. Love you!

Davis Family said...

Ashley, I saw you at the game last night, but didn't have a chance to say hi. Maybe next week at the game we can chat. Nice post, sometimes life is hard, but it is always nice to know that we are not alone. Thanks for that reminder.