Monday, March 8, 2010

the story of green santa and his reindeer

sometimes the boys raid my drawer for dress up. usually they'll pull out a huge shirt or striped socks and go crazy but on this particular snowy day they dug deep and found what was once a christmas eve surprise for the hubby. {about three years and thirty pounds ago}

my initial reaction when i saw gage, i mean 'green santa' jingling his way towards me was a huge cringe. i debated taking it straight away. but then he called in 'his reindeer' whom he had outfitted in this fabulous green moose sweater sans pants. i noted aloud that his rump was bare and 'green santa' patiently explained how reindeers don't wear pants. how embarrassing to not make that realization on my own.

i decided i could not ruin this moment and my 'green santa' and his moose, i mean 'reindeer', proceeded to prance and dance and 'fly' about the house. when the fun was nearing an end the oh so adorable twosome planted themselves at my feet and the three-and-a-half-year-old proclaimed "mom. you need to leave me milk and cookies."

they must have had great faith in me because within a split second they had locked themselves in my bedroom. i poured a mug of milk, set out a nice big stack of oreos and made my way to the couch where i was able to, for the first time in my life, watch santa and his reindeer enjoy my milk and cookies.

i would have to say this falls into the top five best days ever.


7 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

Oh my, that is just way too adorable! I love it!

Mary said...

Too sweet for words!

{nicole coombs} said...

ha ha ha I am laughing right now! That was a great Christmas Story!

Jonathan & Amber Burke said...

so cute!

Mandi said...

That is a cute little sight. Don't you love days like that when the unexpected happens and instead of doing the responsible thing and telling them not to do that and making them put things away, you just let it go and have fun with it. Those turn out to be some of the very best kind of days. Today is a lovely day in Dallas and although I am sporting a fabulous head cold I think that we are going to head outside and explore the great outdoors. I hope you guys have a fabulous day!

Scott and Genevieve said...

So cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.