Friday, May 6, 2011

we had visitors::oh yes we did




My brother Jamison graduated from Paramedic School in Dallas a few weeks ago so we were happy to have a couple of house guests. {Did I mention that he graduated with the second highest grade in the class? And by less than a point. The boy has smarts.} Grandma Butler and Uncle Marcus graced us with their presence and we had a great time even though they were only here for a few short days.





The last night that they were here we packed into their little rental car and made our way to Shreveport. Marcus will be leaving for Argentina in a few months and now he can at least say he has been halfway across the motherland. We sure will miss him but I am so proud of the decisions he is making in his life. This is a boy who loves the Lord and is sacrificing to share that love with others.






And yes, when I say boy I mean boy. Just look at that face.






Grandma narrowly escaped with her life.







And Gage found the man eating alligator to be a little boring for his taste. Keep in mind he is used to fighting off dragons and such. This was child's play.





And you just haven't experienced Louisiana until you've observed the swamp life.



Oh yes, and the ferry boats.







We took a ride on the carousel which the boys loved. I love carousel music. I don't know why but it always makes me smile.






Standing by the wishing pond. Grandma pulled out a handful of pennies for them and they had a great time tossing them all in.




While browsing through shops we stopped in for some yummy frozen yogurt from Orange Leaf. It was oh so tasty and I wish I would have pocketed a few of their spoons. They were like teeny tiny shovels, so cute.





Thanks for the fun Grandma and Marcus! We miss you guys {and everyone else too} and can't wait to see you this summer!

X's and O's,
The Texans


2 comments:

Kiley Stephens said...

Right before me and Braden got sealed in the temple we were at the distribution center getting my temple clothes and your brother was also there getting his. Braden thought it was cool that he was going to Argentina because thats where he served!

Aunt Tiff said...

So glad you got a little visit!! Congrats to Marcus! Argentina is where Brandon served!!