Monday, August 1, 2011

sunday afternoon style



tonight i am feeling lonely and burned out on my go-to playlist. don't get me wrong....pride and prejudice, harry potter, leap year....i still love you. you are always there for me on the many many nights that i am hogging the bed all to myself.

but tonight i am wishing for the late sunday afternoon style movies where the family would squeeze into the family room and turn on a good ol' musical. or two. or maybe even three.



gene kelly, i love you. when i was nine, i planned our wedding. you amaze me.

i have the feeling that when this sweet baby girl in my belly grows up, she will make wedding plans with you too. because i'm realllly counting on sunday afternoons full of musicals and popcorn...with the boys and the hubby rolling their eyes at us all along.

{but standing behind us, quietly watching of course...}

i can't wait.



looks like i need to start up my very own collection.

do you like old hollywood musicals? i do i do i do.

what are your faves?

mine are::

singin in the rain, brigadoon, my fair lady, the sound of music, the king and i, oklahoma.

and that's just a start.



want to know a secret?

one day i'm going to bribe the hubs into recreating this photo with me. yup the same hubs who you see so little of because he detests the camera lens being pointed at him. it may be a challenge, but i'm getting increasingly more stubborn in my old age i've learned.


if you haven't watched a musical recently, do it! it's good for the soul i tell you.

good night monday.

xoxo.ash


photo credits::
one
, two, three, four

7 comments:

Emma Leigh said...

what no 7 Brides for 7 Brothers? hahaha jk i miss those days so much, too!

Emma Leigh said...

oh in case you don't know that was me!emma!

Felicia said...

I'm a Newsies fan, but I love Sound of Music so much it has been banned from the house! Great post.

Reece's Pieces said...

Have you seen walk don't run? It's not a musical but it's an oldie with cary grant and I absolutely love it! It's a funny one!

Mary said...

Fiddler on the Roof, Cinderella (the original), Carousel, The King and I, The Sound of Music, Brigadoon... I actually got to see The King and I at the Pantages Theater in L.A. with Yul Brynner himself on stage back in the late 1970s. It was dreamy!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

Crazy...We just spent the evening dancing to Singing in the Rain with little Claire!